This page gives an overview of the Ratings and Reviews microservice, including core features, for the Infosys Equinox platform.
The Ratings and Reviews microservice provides the functionality for customers to rate and review the products that are tried, purchased, or review the feedback provided by other customers before purchasing the product. Once the consumers are on the product details page, an option will be displayed to view the ratings along with the count of reviews. When there are no ratings and reviews available “Write a review” option will be displayed for the product. In Storefront, the following options are available to the customer(s):
- view the average ratings for each product provided by varied customers.
- a clickable snapshot for each rating score with options to also view the reviews posted by other customers.
- like and unlike posted reviews.
- a sort option to sort by High to Low and vice versa.
Similar to other Infosys Equinox microservices, Ratings and Reviews enables both business and administrator facing service. The administrators and the moderators have the ability to review and approve/reject the reviews posted by the users. Reports can be generated based on “Overall Ratings” and “Recently Reviewed” products by the admin users.
- Ability to approve or reject the reviews posted by a customer(s).
- Ability to send an email notification to a customer(s) when the review gets approved or rejected.
- Ability to generate a report based on “Overall Ratings” or “Recently Reviewed”.
- Ability to export a list of ratings and reviews.
2019-03-03 | AM – Added content for April 2020 release.