Frequently Asked Questions About the Shipping Microservice
Q) How can we offer free shipping?
The shipping cost can be configured to 0 and the shipping method as “Free shipping”.
Q) What if there is no shipping class attribute defined in the products?
If the product does not have a shipping class attribute, you can configure “Nil” for the shipping class in the shipping cost configuration. For example:
- Item 1: Black Shoe, calculationType = Per Order, Charge = $10, Class = “Shoes”
- Item 2: Handbag, calculationType = Per Order, Charge = $20, Class =”Nil”
In the above example, the handbag is charged $20 and black shoe is charged $10.
Q) Is there a way to group multiple classes under one shipping rate configuration?
Yes. It is possible to group multiple classes. For example:
- Item 1: Black Shoe, Class = “Shoes”
- Item 2: Handbag, Class = “Handbag”
- calculationType = Per Order, Charge = $10, Class = “Shoes,Handbag”
In the above example, the Black shoe is charged $ 10 and Levis handbag is charged $10.
2019-06-10 | PLK – Minor copyedits.
2019-01-23 | PLK – Page created and content uploaded.