This page gives an overview of the Cart microservice, including core features, for the Infosys Equinox platform.
The Cart microservice (“Cart”) provides Infosys Equinox’s shopping bag or cart functionality. Once a consumer has added products to his/her cart, s/he can place an order through a series of sequential steps, including adding a shipping address, choosing a preferred shipping method, making a payment using a preferred payment method, and reviewing order details before placing the order. The shipping and payment related activities are facilitated by the Shipping and Payment microservices respectively.
Cart also provides the flexibility for a consumer to have multiple carts; however, each with a different type. By default, the cart created by a consumer is of the type
Omni-Channel Shopping Cart
The primary purpose of Cart is to manage Infosys Equinox’s omni-channel shopping cart. The microservice provides a single cart experience across mobile and web visits to a business’ storefront and across multiple devices when the consumer is logged into the online store.
Shared Cart Experience
The architecture design supports the feasibility to share a common cart across stores (i.e. the consumer is also able to view the same cart across multiple online stores).
The key features in Cart microservice are listed below:
- Supports tokenization
- Single page checkout reference
- Support for multiple payments and multiple shipping addresses
- Promo Codes support
- Cart (Storefront) written in React/node.js
- Built-in Address Verification
- Support for guest, express, and registered checkout
- PCI Level 1 compliant
- Funnel pre-integrated with google analytics
- Split payments, multiple payment methods
- Sticky Carts support returning anonymous users
- Warning message for shipping dangerous goods with the military address
- Cart merge – when a guest user signs in during the checkout flow
- Support to enable/disable guest checkout
- Validations on maximum quantity in a single cart
- Support for shipping methods and charges based on the chosen shipping method
- Integration – real-time inventory and real-time promotion
Cart and Checkout Actions
As the cart and checkout name implies, there are two (2) sets of related interactions required for consumers to purchase items from a storefront, those associated with the cart and those associated with the checkout.
Cart actions include:
- Add items to the cart
- View the items in the cart
- Edit the cart
- Delete items from the cart
- Associate user information with the cart
- Associating delivery address and delivery methods to a cart (available both at an item level and at overall cart level)
- Manage variable charges for the returned order or order item by a CSR Admin.
- Manage custom charges while returning order and order items by a CSR Admin.
Checkout actions include:
- Calculate the current cart’s payment
- Associate payment information with the cart
- Submit the order
Note: The typical sequence of events is to calculate the order and then to submit the order. Payment is associated with the Cart in a separate step before calculating the order.
2020-09-28 | HM – Updated core features content.
2020-01-31 | AM – Updated content for February 2020 release.
2019-06-08 | PLK – Minor copyedit.
2019-05-10 | AM – Minor copyedit.
2019-05-05 | PLK – Minor copyedit.
2019-01-21 | PLK – Page created and content uploaded.