This page gives an overview of the Catalog microservice, including core features, for the Infosys Equinox platform.
Catalog is a microservice that provides catalog editors and managers the ability to create and manage rich, transaction-ready product content in multiple, hierarchical catalogs. The Catalog service creates and manages structured product content in the form of products, Stock Keeping Units (SKUs), and product attributes. Merchants frequently use Catalog to enrich product content originating from other business applications such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Product enrichment in Catalog is all about marketing content (product name, description, benefits, comparison with other products), digital assets such as images, videos, adding product relationships (groups, collections, bundles), attributes such as sales tax codes, pre-order, back-order metadata and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) data. The product enrichment process can include contributions from multiple roles such as Merchants providing the basic product attributes such as Id, name, product type, Marketers providing the rich description and associated digital assets, Finance Managers providing the tax information and Catalog Managers approving all of the content through a project-based workflow approval process.
Similar to other Infosys Equinox microservices, Infosys Equinox Catalog enables both user and administrator-facing services. User services are consumed throughout transactional and operationally oriented workflows emanating from the storefront whereas administrative services support the ability to create and manage the content using the administrative application.
See the Catalog glossary for definitions of some key Catalog microservice terms.
- Manage all of your products and attributes in one place in the easy to use Catalog tool.
- Feature-rich and intuitive tooling to assist business users
- Robust, role-based approval workflows to manage & track changes within the catalog.
- Manage multiple catalogs such as Sales Catalog along with the Master Catalog.
- Supports Product Groups, Collections, Bundles, Fixed Bundles, and Kit.
- Supports individual and bulk changes with efficient data import and export capabilities.
- Supports a single catalog with product data in multiple locales.
- Support for an unlimited number of products.
- Maintain an unlimited number of Sales catalogs from the Master catalog by setting sales catalog rules.
- Associate a set of products or SKUs to a Product/SKU.
- Support for all field types including date, text, list (single-select, multi-select), Boolean, Number, Decimal
- Supports rich text for attributes such as short and long descriptions.
- Supports static and computed (dynamic) attributes that are computed based on static attributes.
- Supports Attribute Groups and Variant Groups to make it easy to enrich products consistently.
- Supports Attribute Validation to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
- Supports multiple product types such as physical or digital.
- Supports product variants (SKUs) that are based on size, color, style, pattern, fit, or any other user-defined attribute.
- Ability to configure a SKU as preorderable.
- Ability to configure availability date for a preorderable SKU.
- Ability to manage if an attribute can be mapped only to Product/SKU or both.
- Supports images and digital assets as attributes of the product.
- Supports roles and permissions.
- Supports Search/Filtering/Sorting of the product content so that consumer end users can easily find products.
- Ability to configure if a SKU can be subscribed.
- Support for multi-level models.
- Manage single and multiple products with tag(s).
- Ability to import and export tags.
- Ability to configure SEO details at the product/SKU level.
- Ability to override attribute values/edit the product or SKU details in the sales catalog.
- Ability to download custom import sheet specific to the collection with guidelines.
- Ability to view the Import Summary report.
- Ability to download and view the failed items with the reason for import failure.
- Ability to associate one catalog item (Product, SKU, Bundle, etc.) to another within a catalog.
- Ability to restrict if an attribute can be mapped only to Product/SKU or both.
- Ability to manage sales catalog rules based on “SKUs”. (New!)
- Ability to clone a sales catalog. (New!)
- Ability to skip or consume project approval workflow. (New!)
- Support for “OR” condition and “SKU” based conditions have been provided while setting rules for the Sales Catalog. (New!)
- The Delta Publish feature has been introduced in the Search service for incremental support. (New!)
- Ability to use the “backup and restore” option to publish SOLR data. (New!)
2022-04-10 | JP – Fixed link and http issues.
2022-01-03 | JP – Updated the core features section for 8.11.0 release.
2020-09-28 | SW – Updated the Core Features.
2020-07-01 | SW – Added content for 8.9.0 release.
2020-05-31 | JP – Updated content for July 2020 release.
2019-09-17 | JP – Updated content for September 2019 release.
2019-07-12 | AM – Updated content for July 2019 release.
2019-06-08 | PLK – Minor copyedits.
2019-04-26 | AM – Updated Overview and Core Features content for April release.
2019-01-21 | PLK – Page created and content uploaded.